To help you properly clean your dentures on a regular basis, we recommend doing the following things:
· Rinse the denture after eating: Dentures are like teeth; they tend to collect food debris and unwanted particles, so it’s very important for you to rinse your denture under water after you have eaten a meal or snack. Please be careful as you rinse. If you drop the denture, it can easily break.
· Clean your mouth: If you have a clean mouth, you will have a clean denture. So, when you take your appliance out at night, clean your remaining natural teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. If you do not have natural teeth remaining, clean your gums, cheeks, tongue, and roof of the mouth with a soft toothbrush or a gauze pad.
· Brush your denture daily: It is very important to brush your denture each day, just like you would with your natural teeth. Brush the appliance with a soft-bristled toothbrush and nonabrasive toothpaste.
· Soak the denture: Most dentures need to remain moist to stay in shape, so please place your denture in water or a mild denture-cleaning solution overnight.
· Visit your dentist: Make sure you visit your dentist every six months for a professional cleaning. Our team will deeply clean your oral cavity as well as your denture so you can have the best oral health possible.
Our team at Thomas Bell, DDS cares for you and your smile and we are here to help you in any way we can. So, if you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a dental cleaning with Dr. Thomas Bell, we encourage you to call our office and talk to a member of our caring dental team. We are happy to help you with anything you need if you just call 708.469.6006 now!