If you are looking for an easy way to improve your oral health care, consider replacing any old and worn-out dental cleaning tools you may have. In many cases, poor storage locations may have contaminated your tools and they will not be as effective as they used to be.
Clean out your washroom cabinet and upgrade your cleaning supplies, including your toothbrush. For more information about replacing your toothbrush, consider the following:
– Be sure to speak with your dentist about product approvals or recommendations.
– When selecting the right toothpaste and toothbrush for your specific needs, always look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance to ensure the products have been proven safe and effective.
– To ensure your brush will continue to work effectively, try exchanging your toothbrush every 3-4 months, or earlier if necessary.
– Brushes with soft bristles are safer for your tooth enamel, as enamel abrasion is less likely to occur. In addition, always use a brush that can easily fit into your mouth and clean all areas within.
– Make sure to store your toothbrush in a safe location that is free from other toothbrushes, as this can prevent contamination from occurring. Avoid sharing your brush with others and always store it in a safe space.
– Take precautions by storing your toothbrush upright in a well-ventilated area. If your toothbrush must be taken on a trip and stored in a sealed container, do so only for limited amounts of time, as bacteria can cultivate in damp areas.
– Normal toothbrushes may not always suit your oral health care needs. For an alternative brush, try swapping out your old brush an electric toothbrush.
If you would like a professional cleaning treatment from Thomas Bell, DDS at our dentist office in La Grange, Illinois, please contact us at 708.469.6006. Dr. Thomas Bell and the rest of our team will ensure you get the amazing smile you desire. Let us get you started on the road to a brighter, whiter smile!